Are you looking for the best books on MySQL?… If yes, then this article is for you. In this article, you will find the Best MySQL Books for Beginners & advanced like Beginner courses, and Practice test courses. So, check these Best MySQL Books for Beginners and find the Best MySQL Books for Beginners to Advanced according to your need.
In the previous article, I shared the Best Web Design Books for Beginners in 2022, you can go through the list and enjoy reading.
Best MySQL Books for Beginners to Advanced to know in 2022
As you would expect, this book shows how to code all the essential SQL statements for working with a MySQL database. You’ll use these statements every day to have MySQL do more of your work for you.
But beyond that, it shows how to work with classic MySQL features that take you to new level, such as summary queries, subqueries, functions, views, transactions, stored procedures, triggers, and security. It shows how to take advantage of newer MySQL features such as window functions, Common Table Expressions (CTE), and roles for database security.
It shows how to design a database, including how to use MySQL Workbench to create and implement the design. It even presents a starting set of skills for a database administrator (DBA) if you’re interested in that career path or if you need to be your own DBA.
For MySQL, the price of popularity comes with a flood of questions from users on how to solve specific data-related issues. That’s where this cookbook comes in. When you need quick solutions or techniques, this handy resource provides scores of short, focused pieces of code, hundreds of worked-out examples, and clear, concise explanations for programmers who don’t have the time (or expertise) to resolve MySQL problems from scratch.
In this updated fourth edition, authors Sveta Smirnova and Alkin Tezuysal provide more than 200 recipes that cover powerful features in both MySQL. Beginners as well as professional database and web developers will dive into topics such as MySQL Shell, MySQL replication, and working with JSON.
- Connect to a server, issue queries, and retrieve results
- Retrieve data from the MySQL Server
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate strings
- Work with dates and times
- Sort query results and generate summaries
- Assess the characteristics of a dataset
- Write stored functions and procedures
- Use stored routines, triggers, and scheduled events
- Perform basic MySQL administration tasks
- Understand MySQL monitoring fundamentals
Get a comprehensive overview on how to set up and design an effective database with MySQL. This thoroughly updated edition covers MySQL’s latest version, including its most important aspects. Whether you’re deploying an environment, troubleshooting an issue, or engaging in disaster recovery, this practical guide provides the insights and tools necessary to take full advantage of this powerful RDBMS.
Authors Vinicius Grippa and Sergey Kuzmichev from Percona show developers and DBAs methods for minimizing costs and maximizing availability and performance. You’ll learn how to perform basic and advanced querying, monitoring and troubleshooting, database management and security, backup and recovery, and tuning for improved efficiency. This edition includes new chapters on high availability, load balancing, and using MySQL in the cloud.
- Get started with MySQL and learn how to use it in production
- Deploy MySQL databases on bare metal, on virtual machines, and in the cloud
- Design database infrastructures
- Code highly efficient queries
- Monitor and troubleshoot MySQL databases
- Execute efficient backup and restore operations
- Optimize database costs in the cloud
- Understand database concepts, especially those pertaining to MySQL
How can you realize MySQL’s full power? With High Performance MySQL, you’ll learn advanced techniques for everything from setting service-level objectives to designing schemas, indexes, and queries to tuning your server, operating system, and hardware to achieve your platform’s full potential. This guide also teaches database administrators safe and practical ways to scale applications through replication, load balancing, high availability, and failover.
Updated to reflect recent advances in cloud- and self-hosted MySQL, InnoDB performance, and new features and tools, this revised edition helps you design a relational data platform that will scale with your business. You’ll learn best practices for database security along with hard-earned lessons in both performance and database stability.
- Dive into MySQL’s architecture, including key facts about its storage engines
- Learn how server configuration works with your hardware and deployment choices
- Make query performance part of your software delivery process
- Examine enhancements to MySQL’s replication and high availability
- Compare different MySQL offerings in managed cloud environments
- Explore MySQL’s full stack optimization from application-side configuration to server tuning
- Turn traditional database management tasks into automated processes
You’ll find several books on basic or advanced MySQL performance, but nothing in between. That’s because explaining MySQL performance without addressing its complexity is difficult. This practical book bridges the gap by teaching software engineers mid-level MySQL knowledge beyond the fundamentals, but well shy of deep-level internals required by database administrators (DBAs).
Daniel Nichter shows you how to apply the best practices and techniques that directly affect MySQL performance. You’ll learn how to improve performance by analyzing query execution, indexing for common SQL clauses and table joins, optimizing data access, and understanding the most important MySQL metrics. You’ll also discover how replication, transactions, row locking, and the cloud influence MySQL performance.
- Understand why query response time is the North Star of MySQL performance
- Learn query metrics in detail, including aggregation, reporting, and analysis
- See how to index effectively for common SQL clauses and table joins
- Explore the most important server metrics and what they reveal about performance
- Dive into transactions and row locking to gain deep, actionable insight
- Achieve remarkable MySQL performance at any scale
The information era is upon us and the ability to organize and make sense of data has become an invaluable skill.Have you been hearing about data, databases and SQL and wondering what it’s all about? Or perhaps you have just gotten a new job and need to learn SQL fast.
Learn SQL FastConcepts in this book are presented in a “to-the-point” and concise style to cater to the busy individual. With this book, you can learn SQL in just one day and start coding immediately.SQL for BeginnersComplex topics are broken down into simple steps with clear and carefully chosen examples to ensure that you can easily master SQL even if you have never coded before.
In addition, the output for all examples are provided immediately so you do not have to wait till you have access to your computer to test the examples.Complete process with well thought out flowThe complete process from database creation, table creation, data input, manipulation and retrieval etc is covered. The flow of the book is carefully planned to ensure that you can easily follow along.
Learn PHP, the programming language used to build sites like Facebook, Wikipedia and WordPress, then discover how these sites store information in a database (MySQL) and use the database to create the web pages.
This full-color book is packed with inspiring code examples, infographics and photography that not only teach you the PHP language and how to work with databases, but also show you how to build new applications from scratch. It demonstrates practical techniques that you will recognize from popular sites where visitors can:
- Register as a member and log in
- Create articles, posts and profiles that are saved in a database
- Upload their own images and files
- Automatically receive email notifications
- Like and comment on posts.
Designed to build your confidence through hands-on practice, this book uses a simple approach that focuses on the practical, so you can get straight down to business without having to wade through pages and pages of dull, dry theory.
As you work through bite-sized exercises and activities, you’ll learn how to use different MySQL tools to create a database and manage the data within it. You’ll see how to transfer data between a MySQL database and other sources, and use real-world datasets to gain valuable experience of manipulating and gaining insights from data. As you progress, you’ll discover how to protect your database by managing user permissions and performing logical backups and restores.
If you’ve already tried to teach yourself SQL, but haven’t been able to make the leap from understanding simple queries to working on live projects with a real database management system, The MySQL Workshop will get you on the right track.
By the end of this MySQL book, you’ll have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to advance your career and tackle your own ambitious projects with MySQL.
- Understand the concepts of relational databases and document stores
- Use SQL queries, stored procedures, views, functions, and transactions
- Connect to and manipulate data using MS Access, MS Excel, and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Read and write data in the CSV or JSON format using MySQL
- Use X DevAPI to access a NoSQL interface for MySQL
- Manage user roles, credentials, and privileges to keep data secure
- Perform a logical database backup with mysqldump and mysqlpump
Web designers will learn how to use these technologies together and pick up valuable web programming practices along the way—including how to optimize websites for mobile devices. At the end of the book, you’ll put everything together to build a fully functional social networking site suitable for both desktop and mobile browsers.
- Explore MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Use the MySQLi extension, PHP’s improved MySQL interface
- Create dynamic PHP web pages that tailor themselves to the user
- Manage cookies and sessions and maintain a high level of security
- Use Ajax calls for background browser server communication
- Style your web pages by acquiring CSS2 and CSS3 skills
- Implement HTML5 features, including geolocation, audio, video, and the canvas element
- Reformat your websites into mobile web apps
And here the list ends. So, these are the Best MySQL Books for Beginners to Advanced. I will keep adding more Best MySQL Books for Beginners to advance to this list.
I hope these Best MySQL Books for Beginners to Advanced will definitely help you to enhance your skills. If you have any doubts or questions, feel free to ask me in the comment section.